Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 8

Today's session is about movement.
Check out the feathers coming out of Noodie's shoulder blades (or the chicken equivalent of shouldler blades . . . wing blades?). I really think she's got to be a day older than the other chicks--she's probably 50% bigger than Pot Pie.



Sally giving a little strut. Not necessarily a happy strut. She's got the littlest tail feather coming in, but not much to show yet. Her wings are pretty full, though.


And our little Pottie, doing a duck impression.



Plenty of butt feathers on this one, eh?



www.JoshuaJayElliott.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey...I love your pix.

    I'm in the midst of raising 16 chicks, myself. I've got three Ameracaunas, and they seem to grow fast early and then, later, like fifth and sixth weeks, the other breeds catch back up.

    I've still got a RIR and a gold sex-linked cross I raised last year. They, along with a two year old RIR, make up my 'flock'. (Most of the chicks will be farmed out, come early June.)

    ReplyDelete