Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day 40

I think it's happened, Noodle Soup and Salad Sandwich aren't really chicks anymore--they're pullets. They've still got the tiniest bits of down sticking off their necks, but they are little chickens. Pot Pie's probably got another couple weeks to go . . .



Noodle Soup -- what a lovely little chicken.


Salad Sandwich -- daddy's little girl all ready for her first dance.



Well, maybe not . . . looking rather Seussian here . . .



Pot Pie -- not quite a pullet, but consistently good flight form. Or maybe she's just the slowest flyer and it's easier for me to shoot her.
I know a lot of folks out there like her for her underdog'edness, but that does not make her a joy to live with.

By breed Noodie should be the smallest adult hen, but she is by the far the largest since day 1 --she's at least 1/4 larger than Sallie, who should be the largest. Time will tell . . . but Pie better catch up. They're all dual purpose birds, after all . . .





www.JoshuaJayElliott.com

3 comments:

  1. Sallie does need a star on her belly to complete the Dr. Seuss look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got 4 chicks on Saturday and are new to this whole chick thing...I absolutely LOVE your photographs. Your gals are a little older than ours but we will be working on our coop over the next few months. I will be checking in here to see how yours is going. If I was crazy rich, I think I would bring my gals over for a photo shoot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you were really crazy rich, I'd come shoot at your place.

    And Seussification over on the Facebook Fan Page.

    ReplyDelete