Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's Over

That's it--two months--eight full weeks of chicken development.
And I'm done.

The chicks are pullets now, and they pretty much look the same every.

But wait, this isn't an absolute final type ending. More of a long-drawn-out-you-know-you-should-get-out-but-can't type ending.
Which is why I present
The Occasional Chicken
where you can see the coop right now.
And lots of other stuff in the future . . . just not every day.


I would like to suggest you subscribe to The Occasional Chicken so you'll know when there's something new . . . because it won't be everyday.
But there will be some different stuff, out side of the white box.

I'm also going to put together a 3cAd book (self publishing style) so I'll post that up here when it's done. And maybe some t-shirts . . . if anyone cares now without a daily Pie fix.

And perhaps most importantly for those chick lovers in the Portland area, we'll be having an Open Coop in a few weeks and I'm thinking of putting an open invitation up on the new blog . . . we'll see what type of response that generates (I have no clue).

OK, see y'all at The OC . . .




www.JoshuaJayElliott.com

5 comments:

  1. Are the pictures black as some sort of a comment on how the blog is being shut down or is it a technical issue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. black as a statement--the studio's black now . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for doing this. It was a joy to check in every day and see the girls grow up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. My love for chickens has been awakened and I have recently started raising them again. I have RIRs, Buffs, Ameraucanas, and a few others. It was a joy to stumble across your blog with all the great photos. Thank you for taking the time and obsessing over it. It is a very entertaining and useful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which chicken is on your shoulder in the profile photo?

    ReplyDelete